I've been inspired by some other friend's blogs to begin one of our own! We'll see how long I can keep this up...
No school or soccer this week for the boys. Mama is going to need her own break after this Spring Break week! We went to the zoo on Tuesday with Leslie and her boys, Jeff & Jeremy. I was surprised to discover that the new "Oklahoma Trails" exhibit was actually very enjoyable. Shame on me for thinking an exhibit on native OK animals sounded like the most boring zoo experience ever. Don't laugh...you should have seen those catfish!
Turns out the boys thought climbing on the lion statue was more fun than seeing actual lions. And riding the carousel was even better. Eli snagged the tiger on the carousel, while James had to make do with a tapir. You could tell he was a little bummed. Luckily, Leslie had the perfect bit of zoo trivia - last year a tapir at the OKC zoo bit off a woman's arm. Whoo-hoo! Who knew those mild looking tapirs were really fierce arm rippers? James was thrilled.
Angel baby Sarah is on the move! I set her on the far side of the family room and she is SO pleased with herself when she squirms her way over to suck on the tile step on the other side of the room. She also giggles while she wildly tears magazines apart. Her favorite playthings on earth are her big brothers. Tonight at dinner she thrilled the boys by correctly looking at each one when asked, "Where's Eli?" (turns right to Eli) and "Where's James?" (turns to look at James).
If you're not bored by our everyday bits, tune in tomorrow for info on adding solids to Sarah's diet and photos, I promise.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for setting this up Rebecca! It's great to get the dialogue with the photos. I'll figure out if I can add to this - we took a couple of great karate kid shots while we were there this month.
Post a Comment